Any and all with the 2 meter module;

  After a longish wait, my K3 came back to my QTH, & all the circuits
had been checked out, "upgraded, revamped, firmware fine". I put it on
the desk, attached my antennas, then went to the 144 MHz band - all but
expecting to have it work like a dedicated 2 meter repeater rig. No joy,
still the same confusion in my situation.  (No audio from the speaker,
can't enable the squelch to cut out the noise with RF turned very far
up!)  That made me decide to ask for anyone with success in getting this
one area of the K3 going OK to send me a list of their settings to check
mine against.
   As is, there are a few too many items to look at, mostly in different
manuals, & I'm incredibly short on time, right in the danger zone for
the hurricane season. I'll appreciate a younger soul with an agile brain
giving me a lot of advice on this, as I attempt to unscramble the
downloads, printouts, directions on what to do and how to do it for 2
meters.

Thanks, 73's, from "too old to think fast"!

Gil WA5YKK