From: Vic K2VCO <v...@rakefet.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Sun, August 1, 2010 8:54:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 CW bug-ettes

On 8/1/2010 5:59 PM, Gary Hinson wrote:

> I've noticed some weeny bugs - or rather things that don't seem quite right
> to me - in K3 firmware v4.03, DVR v1.03:
>
> 1.  The new QRQ QSK mode works nicely aside from the known limitation of no
> RIT.  However, this limitation still seems to apply when I change from full
> break in to semi break in using the band/QSK button.  I have to go into the
> menu and de-select the QRQ option as well to get RIT back.

The QRQ option works in semi-QSK mode as well. It allows you (or some machine!)
to send

clean code at higher speeds. I've noticed that without the QRQ option -- even
in
semi-QSK

mode -- when the speed gets above about 35 wpm it starts to have timing issues.
After

about 45, it is really bad. At slower speeds, although it is acceptable, you
can
notice

the difference.

I assigned the QRQ menu item to one of the PFK's on my K3. It is too much of a
hassle to

go to the menu!

I don't use RIT that much, but SPLIT is a necessity for dx pileups. I know
there
is a way

to operate split with the subreceiver, using VFO B to listen, but I haven't
been
able to

get used to it.

--