Mike,

Both level controls use the MIC/SPEED knob. You can see the current
setting by tapping the knob twice (once for CW speed, once for the level
setting). Right now mine reads MIC 21 when I tap it with the radio in a
voice mode, and LINE 8 when I tap it with the radio in data mode.
Adjusting either one has no effect on the other.

Re the Windows mixer, I can only talk about the mixer in Windows XP and
earlier. Vista and Windows 7 are different, and I am not familiar with
them. I am not at a computer with multiple sound cards to verify this, but
I would expect that if you use MMTTY to call up the mixer (from the
Option(O) > Sound card output level(V) menu item), it should invoke the
mixer for the sound device MMTTY is using. On the other hand, if you call
up the mixer from the Windows Start menu it will start up the output mixer
for the default sound card.

Either way, you should see the name of the sound card in the status bar at
the bottom of the mixer panel. If this is not the sound card you want to
adjust, you can use the mixer's Options > Properties menu item; the
control at the top of the dialog box is a pull-down list of sound devices
to choose from. Below that you can select either the playback (transmit)
mixer or the recording (receive) mixer.

BTW, MMTTY version 1.66G has a Sound card tab in the MMTTY Setup window
that makes selecting sound cards much easier than using the numerical
device identifier under the Misc tab.

73,
Rich VE3KI