Can you really do much better than +/- 100-200 Hz using a 50 kHz span?
That requires a marker placement accuracy of +/- 2 pixels, a 4 pixel
window, which is less than 1% of the width of the display (4/480 =
0.25%). If so, I must concede that you're a much better marksman than
I am!

The idea is to make life easier when cruising around the band when
using a *wide* span. Earlier today I opened it up to 70 kHz so I could
see +/- 35 kHz whilst listening around 7.040 Mhz and try as I might,
when I used the marker to select a CW signal I often ended up outside
the passband of my 400 Hz filter. At 70 kHz each pixel represents a
150 Hz bin (approx) so I'm off by even 2 pixels I'm outside the filter
passband. Jumping from signal to signal within a wide panadaptor span
would be easier with a fine tune feature, and work for SSB signals as
well as CW.

I guess I'm spoiled by using the mouse in point/click/fine tune mode
with LP-Pan/PowerSDR-IF in a 96 kHz span where there is no need for
extreme accuracy in pointing, it's fast and easy. I think similar
functionality would enhance the P3, just a suggestion.

"Snap Tune" is an interesting idea too.

73,

Bob NW8L