Have any of you got your K3 working with an SCS PTCII modem?

Mine connects through LINE IN, LINE OUT and PTT.  The beta version of
Airmail 3.4.034 has a K3 option and its HF Terminal module puts the K3 in
DATA A mode.  But I get only one block of RF on the K3 RF meter regardless
of settings of PSKA and FSKA in Airmail and boosting K3 LINE IN gain.
Changing to USB and widening the filter, with zero CMP, power is fine -- 50
watts -- and connects to PMBOs.  No joy with DATA A.

I'm probably missing something simple -- this my first week with PACTOR.
Just got the modem.  Seems odd that Airmail works with the K3 in USB and not
in DATA A.  I read that DATA A keeps leaves the compression at zero, which
is required for PACTOR 3, so would like to use it to avoid manually changing
it from voice digital.  Any idea what could cause the difference?

Sound card digital modes work fine throgh the same LINE IN and LINE OUT
connections and K3 settings (I use USB).  I've had QSOs with MT63, OLIVA and
WINMOR using MIXW and RMS Express.

I'd like to learn which parameter settings you found that you are happy with
(in the K3 and in Airmail).

Thanks for any ideas,

73,
Bob