  From: Richard Ferch [via Elecraft]
  To: Bob
  Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2010 4:47 PM
  Subject: Re: K3 and PTCIIUSB

  Bob,

  When you used USB you said you widened the filter. I'm guessing that was
  the key to your success. Try widening the filter in DATA A mode. The
  filter in DATA A is centered on 1500 Hz, and the default width is 400 Hz.
  I don't know where the PTC II's Pactor tones are centered, but I am
  guessing they are outside the DSP filter bandpass at the K3's normal
  narrow filter setting. Once you have determined where the PTC II's tones
  are, you can use the K3's SHIFT control to re-center the filter on them
  and then use WIDTH to widen or narrow the bandwidth as appropriate.

  The same is probably true for your other digital modes. A 400 Hz filter
  centered on 1500 Hz will not work with MT63, for example, but simply
  readjusting the filter settings will allow you to use DATA A for MT63.

  73,
  Rich VE3KI

  K5LLF wrote:

  >The beta version of Airmail 3.4.034 has a K3 option and its HF
  > Terminal module puts the K3 in DATA A mode.  But I get only one
  > block of RF on the K3 RF meter regardless of settings of PSKA
  > and FSKA in Airmail and boosting K3 LINE IN gain. Changing to
  > USB and widening the filter, with zero CMP, power is fine --
  > 50watts -- and connects to PMBOs.  No joy with DATA A.

  Post: mailto:[hidden email]