If you are planning to use closely spaced Tx and Rx antennas, I would
suggest that you consider using a Reed relay or similar "fast acting" relay
to short circuit the external preamp's input during transmit periods.
Without it there is some risk that during transmit periods the external Rx
preamp's input device could be damaged, even if the preamp's DC supply is
turned off while transmitting.

Of course if diodes are used for protection instead of a relay, the diodes
could generate Tx harmonics which are then radiated by the Rx antenna.

73,

Geoff
GM4ESD

David Cutter write on Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 8:07 AM: