For myself, when I'm using headphones I keep my Sidetone Mon level at 12 - 15.
However, when I use my external speakers I find that I have to set it to 45 -
50.  Otherwise I just don't even hear it.
Same with AF audio.. When I'm using my phones I find that 9 o'clock is fine,
yet with my speakers I have it 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock... Sure, maybe I have
inefficient speakers... Or maybe the K3 audio speaker driver chip just isn't
enough... In either case Guy has a VERY valid point.
I would almost suggest that there's a way to save the side tone monitor level
for Speakers and Headphones.. Perhaps just as it knows you've plugged in
headphones it can know to reduce the level to it's previous setting..  This
would make things much easier for me...

I would just suggest to you Don that you try to keep in mind that your
operating methods don't always apply to everyone else.