What I noticed was missing is a dedicated RIT *knob*. The RIT function
exists, but as a secondary function, requiring two button presses to
set it up. According to the manual:

RIT (22)
The receiver integrated tuning can be selected
as a secondary button function by pressing
FNC and then the MOD button. You will
notice RIT will begin to flash on the front
panel and you may now adjust the receiver in
10 Hz increments up or down frequency
using the MULTI knob. To zero out the RIT
simply press and hold the MOD button and
the display will zero out. To exit simply
press the FNC button

Bob NW8L