From: dse...@dseven.org [mailto:dse...@dseven.org] On Behalf Of Iain
MacDonnell - N6ML
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 1:20 PM
To: K5WA
Cc: Elecraft reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 MON feedback question

Bob,

Assuming Windows XP (adjust as necessary for others) ...

Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Audio

Under "Sound playback", click on "Volume..."

Options -> Properties

Check that the appropriate "Mixer device" is selected, and that the
"Line In" or "Line Volume" control is enabled. Click "OK".

Find the "Line In" or "Line Volume" control and check the "Mute" box below
it.

That should prevent the monitor audio from looping back out to the rig.

    ~Iain / N6ML