What does APX have to do with TX or the readout? This is a Receive feature
whereby it PEAKS a particular freq. in CW mode.  The Shift number should read
out JUST as it does now.. It would only effect the position of the APF location
as you move it.  This is my understanding.

Wayne, Although that sounds like a cleaver idea, sometimes you want to keep the
shift off freq. from your center pitch, but still peak someone in. This can
help reduce noise that is in your pitch Band pass, but alow you to de-tune the
noise around it... This presents a problem for your idea.  It means that there
would have to be a separate knob for the Shift and the APF location.  Or at
least this is how it should be.