The IF isn't limited by the filter in use at the time.... As you know the P3
can span an area something like 200KHz wide... It doesn't matter if you have
your 500Hz or 200Hz filter on or not, the IF is still looking at the entire
200KHz area.  If you lock the P3 than the display will display from 7.000 to
7.050 for example (50KHz).
>From there, as you more the cursor and hit the QSY knob the little cursor line
>could change colors indicating it is working on that freq (and the rig has
>changed freq.) but the display doesn't have to change, it stays the same.  The
>only thing that has changed is the color of the cursor, or just the fact that
>the rig is now parked at the new cursor location.

This would allow you to start at 7.000 and work your way up the IF display till
you got to 7.050 and never have to worry about whether or not you've worked the
guy that's to the left of your cursor. You would KNOW for sure that you have,
because you were already there, and you're continuing moving the cursor up the
band display. A great feature for a contester or even someone working DX on a
band like 17 or 30 meters CW...

Now, my next question is, Jim, Why did you just disagree with offering this
feature, when you didn't even understand how it worked in the first place?