Why is it that everybody has to take such extremes with these suggestions.. Why
is it that people can't understand that you could so easily have an option in
the menu that would lock the display location??
 Why is it that people assume that the ENTIRE P3 would be redesigned and
rebuilt like an old scope from the 1950's would have to?....  This is
software.. options are easy to turn on and off... For those that want something
like this, why do others feel they have to "STOP" it from happening???  Okay,
you don't want it, so don't turn it on in the menu...

As for your Monitor scope idea, sure, why not, being able to monitor your audio
and/or CW signal could be very helpful for some.  I would never disagree from
having that mode on the box just because I may not use it...