I'd like to request an enhancement of the current audio mixing
capabilities with two receivers, to allow instant switching from the
normal one radio in each ear to either main RX in both ears, or sub RX
in both ears. I understand that these are possible with direct DSP
commands, but as far as I am aware these DSP commands are not available
from switch macros. I don't believe I am the first to make such a
request, but I am adding my voice to those who would appreciate such an
enhancement.

When listening to both receivers, there are often occasions when I would
like to quickly and temporarily switch to hearing only one of them.
Currently I can use the AF balance control to effectively mute one of
the receivers, but I would prefer an action that I can perform or
restore with a single button push on the radio or key press in software,
rather than having to rotate a knob through almost 180 degrees
(especially that particular knob, which I find a bit difficult to
operate quickly). It would also be helpful to have the chosen signal in
both ears in these situations, instead of in only one ear.

One way to do this would be to add two options to CONFIG:L-MIX-R, namely
the options A_A and B_B, in addition to the existing set (A_B, A_AB,
AB_B and AB_AB). This would make it possible using macro commands (e.g.
MN111;MPxxx;MN255 where xxx depends on the mixing option chosen) to
control audio mixing either from the radio's front panel or from
software. In fact, it might be even simpler than this: there are already
6 options for L-MIX-R, but the last two (MP004 and MP005) are simply
duplicates of the first two; it appears from here as if all that would
be needed would be to change option 4 to A_A and option 5 to B_B. Of
course, what looks simple from the outside might be anything but... !

73,
Rich VE3KI