Thanks, Bill, for the response.

My K3 is #4181, so the mod is not necessary.  Yes, -18 dB does sound
excessive.  However, I really can't be sure whether the issue is an XG2 that
doesn't output 50uV, or excessive loss in the RX input stages.  I don't have
the test equipment to determine which is correct, unfortunately.

Bill W4ZV wrote:

> I have two K3s (#2183 and #4717).  The first was modified by me (R8 = 13k
> SMD) and the latter came from the factory with the change implemented in
> production.  Both of mine measured -7.3 dB but other Field Testers
> reported as much as -14 dB.  BE SURE you follow the instructions below
> exactly since these can affect the measurement:

-----
73, Stan - KR7C