Try going into the CONFIG: menu and locate with the VFO B knob, KAT3.
Rotate the VFO A kjnob until the display says installed.  Now close
the CONFIG menu and turn OFF the K3.  Turn the K3 back on, and you
should have ATU function.

This is covered in the MANUAL in detail.  Remember, however, you MUST
cycle the K3 power to make it appear.

...bc   nr4c