On Wed, 11 May 2005 16:27:16 -0700, Jim W7RY wrote:

>Why would you need to do that?  Just make up a simple transistor switch
>from one of the comm ports and hook it to the CW key input jack of the K2.
>Writelog will work just fine running the K2 in break in mode.. Or even full
>break in mode. Drive a reed relay with the comm port if you need lower
>resistance to key the K2. They are $3.98 at Radio Shack.

>Unless I have missed a turn in the road here.

You haven't missed a thing, as long as you're talking CW!  The simple
interface I described is all it takes. Don's embellishment should be fine too
-- just a slightly different way to skin the cat. Bottom line -- all it takes
for Writelog to send CW to the K2 via the computer serial port is either one
transistor, a resistor, and two diodes, or two transistors and two resistors.

As has been noted, Writelog talks to the K2 just fine.

Jim Brown  K9YC