Not in the USA AFAIK. Emergency services are all VHF/UHF now as are domestic
aircraft communications. Even commercial shipping in coastal waters is VHF
now.

OTOH, as an active RACES member working with my local Community Emergency
Response Team (CERT), my neighbors would be sorely disappointed if I didn't
have an HF antenna up and be able to communicate.

It's a resource I've demonstrated often to my neighbors in our semi-annual
emergency training exercises. These exercises have demonstrated the weakness
of VHF repeaters in real emergencies and the limited range of simplex VHF
communications.

Being recognized as someone providing an important resource to the community
does a great deal to ensure support for Amateur radio.

And there's another side benefit. When I moved here in 2007 there was just
me and one inactive Ham in our community of about 150 homes. We've added
about one new Ham every year, as neighbors get to see Amateur radio in
action.

Ron AC7AC