On Dec 1, 2010, at 10:37 PM, Leigh L. Klotz Jr WA5ZNU wrote:

> Kok Chen provides some good references for CW transmit shaping, but
> cocoaModem source isn't available for hams to look at.

Sure it is.  cocoaModem sources has been public from the time cocoaModem was
written in the days Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar).  Just go to my iDisk by following
this link :

http://homepage.mac.com/chen/w7ay/Projects/index.html

The above URL can also be found in the Links page of the Yahoo cocoaModem group

Many windows are already built into cocoaModem (in the module CMDSPWindow.c)
and it should be easy to add new windows by modifying an existing window
routine.

Pretty much all Xcode projects of my publicly released programs are on my
public iDisk, including cocoaModem, cocoaNEC (GUI preprocessor and
postprocessor for NEC-2 and NEC-4), cocoaPath (HF Channel Simulator that
include built-in CW, RTTY and PSK31 generators), µH Router (allows multiple
apps to share a microHAM keyer on Mac OS X), Serial Tools (terminal and serial
port protocol analyzer a.k.a. port sniffer, and USB-serial port diagnostic
tool), QST Browser (search and display QST/QEX/NCJ/CommQuarterly/ham radio
Magazine CD ROMs), cocoaPTT (AppleScriptable serial port PTT control),
cocoaFilter (software APF).

cocoaFilter is specifically written to make it easy for a Mac user to go code
their favorite Audio Peak Filter parameters and not have to learn Core Audio or
Cocoa graphics in Mac OS X.  It was written after I saw all the moaning and
groaning on this reflector about what Elecraft had done wrong or right.
cocoaFilter already has a built-in audio limiter (both soft and hard),
adjustable Q is built into the GUI, etc etc.  Changing the filters should not
take more than a page of code.

I have a thick skin, so the code for all of my public apps has always been free
and the sources are available for scrutiny.  None of it contains GPL material
and can be used freely, no strings attached, no need to publish your sources in
case you want to share your program.

As I have told some people for a few years now, I no longer code for money --
writing code has become "Amateur Software" in my twilight years :-).

73
Chen, W7AY