Hey, now what about a custom desktop case made to match the Elecraft K
series equipment with slide in/out drawers (lockable via spring loaded
screws) so that "one BIG box" shack becomes a reality.

The huge advantage is IF an issue arises, simply 'pull' the defective item
from the box and do what needs to be done but still have a somewhat
functional rig IF the K3 is not at fault.

I might even consider doing this myself so that for portable use I have just
one box to pack up when on the move.

Maybe a part number could be K3LB-500...:-)

K3 = Radio
LB = Large Box
500 = Total output power

Aaaah...nice to dream eh?

Now to think of a way to install a 'swing lifter' to heave the box from
storage to desk...:-(

73's
Gary

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Byron Servies <by...@servies.us> wrote:

> and then, to make it all weigh more, stick some Dynamat Xtreme in the
> boxes. At about 0.5lb/ft^2 you should be able to increase the weight
> on your desk by several pounds.
>
> 73, Byron N6NUL
>
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Since the K3, P3 and KPA500 are the same height, you may want to figure
> > out how to attach one to the other (metal strips on the bottom come to
> > mind), so it is all "one big unit".
>
> --
> - Northern California Contest Club
> - CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
> - www.cqp.org

Gary
VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
http://www.qsl.net/vk4fd/
K3 #679, P3 #546
For everything else there's Mastercard!!!