On Dec 13, 2010, at 12:49 PM, Andrew Meyer wrote:

> I had considered using a Signal Link but is there really any reason to do so?

In your case, there is no reason unless the K3's turn around time is too slow
for Winmor when using the built-in VOX.  You'll have to check that part out.

The SignaLink provides a VOX based PTT (which the K3 already has) and
transformer isolation (which the K3 already has).  So all you really need is a
sound card for the K3.

By the way, for anyone looking for a good sound card for the LP-PAN, keep your
eyes open for the E-MU 0204.  This is pretty much an E-MU 0404 in a smaller box
(and with front facing controls).  It lacks the S/PDIF ports and possibly no 48
volt phantom power (neither of which you need for the LP-PAN).  Otherwise, the
specs mirrors the specs of the E-MU 0404.

The 0204 has been announced but I have not seen any one selling it yet.  It
should come in under US $130 (the E-MU 0404 goes for around $200, so you save
some money, save some desk space and not lose anything in performance).

73
Chen, W7AY