In a message dated 5/14/05 4:46:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Sending an SMS message
> requires far more than just keying in the receiver's phone number and
> the text itself. Once all this is keyed in and the send button is
> pressed, the cell system takes over.

Right - but the text messagers weren't done entering the message before the
Morse ops were done. The delay in the SMS system was immaterial - they never
got to the point of sending, at least from what I saw.

Besides, the challenge was simply which mode was faster. That was clearly
demonstrated.

Oddly enough, I've encountered many a cell phone that announces an incoming
text message by sending "SMS" - in Morse!

73 de Jim, N2EY