There is no reason for NOT buying a K3 except for budget reasons.
But if you can afford one, and need top performance on HF, it sure is
Bang for the buck.

MHO: If you buy one, then buy the kit version.
(I own K3 #1255 and had to do several necessary hardware modifications
since I bought it. They were done without any problem, because I put it
together myself. I donot think there will be many more hardware mods
coming for in the latest version of the K3. But if one comes along in
the future it is a good thing if you bought the K3 as a kit. That makes
it easier.)

73 es HNY,

Arie PA3A