1. Even when NOT on 2 meters (K144XV off) my K3/100 seems to run hotter
than prior to installation, e.g. the fans run more frequently. Is this
general experience? ...and is it simply due to the changes in airflow
due to the presence of the  K144XV structure?

2. My K144XV puts out the quoted 10 watts. This seems to be its
saturation value, as increasing the drive from 1 mW to 1.5 mW does
nothing to increase the output. This is within specs, however, 10 watts
is not quite enough to drive my TE 1452G amp to full output (I get about
200 measured watts out at this drive level).

An obvious solution is to put another (!) amp between the K3 and the TE
as a post-preamp so to speak. This seems downright draconian. Dave
Anderson has suggested tweaking up the TE unit. Is there another way?
...as in slight mods to the K144XV?

John Ragle -- W1ZI