I had noted the same problem with HRD but attributed it to HRD.  I had not been
playing with the IF shift, but did have some RF feedback problems that came
from an USB dongle soundcard I was experimenting with.

It also messed up some of my other settings, so I just reloaded a previous
configuration I had saved with the utility.  That took care of the problem and
I didn't think about it again until I saw this post.

Jim - W0EB