Tony,

I have never seen anything like that happen during CAL PLL, so all I can
do is venture a guess --

Check the frequency of the VFO - and check the secondary menu D19
setting.  "D19 = y" if you have the K60XV installed (or the rework
eliminator equivalent for that option), otherwise the D19 parameter must
be set to "n".

If this menu is set wrong, you will "apparently" hear things on 30
meters, but do not transmit - you will be transmitting outside the ham band.

If D19 was set incorrectly during your CAL PLL run, you will have to run
CAL PLL again to get the EEPROM contents correct.

It could also be that something failed in the VFO circuit during the CAL
PLL process, but that seems too coincidental to consider for the first
pass analysis,

73,
Don W3FPR