Bruce,

The K2 BFO will shift slightly if the bottom cover is deformed, but that
does not happen under normal conditions.  Check to see if your K2 is
sitting on its feet properly.  If you have something under the K2 or
have it on an uneven surface, it may be deforming the bottom cover
slightly when you press on the top.

73,
Don W3FPR