I thought I would post what I think (hope!) is my resolution for this.

I wrote to Elecraft's support line.  Gary responded promptly (as always),
suggesting essentially that I remove L33 and the rubber bumper and do a
better cleaning job beneath the bumper, thereby moving L33 further away from
the bottom cover.

I looked it over and concluded that was a task I didn't want to do.  So, I
went the other way.  I put 3 leftover washers from the K2 kit on top of the
two front 2-D fasteners and the middle standoff (near L33), and then
replaced the bottom cover.  This moved the bottom cover further away from
L33.  As far as I can tell, this has solved the problem.  Pressing on the
top right of the case has no effect and pressing on the bottom of the case,
short of really bearing down on it, also has no effect.  Now just to keep an
ear on BFO drift now that the drift-when-pressed problem is apparently
fixed; I'm hoping there will be no further drift.

Thanks to all for your help.

- Bruce

-----
Bruce Rosen