From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Bill Coleman
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 6:28 AM
To: Mike Markowski
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Appliances vs. kits [was: RE: Can Elecraft
takeover...]

Today, most electronics is assembled on a line with robotic equipment.
That's why parts have become so vanishingly small.

We no longer build kits because it is a cheaper way to get access to great
equipment. We build for other reasons.

It is interesting to note that other kit industries, like the kit aircraft
industry, are thriving because the economies of self-built equipment still
exist.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901