Don,

You are doing it right - except --

Crank up either the K3 line-in gain or the computer audio line-out a bit
more - the proper setting is to have 4 "ALC" bars on solid and the 5th
one flickering.  I put "ALC" in quotes, because the K3 ALC meter is like
a VU meter for the first 4 bars.  The onset of ALC is indicated by the
5th bar.

73,
Don W3FPR