> If the "Split" function were to include a A->B like I suggested
> recently, this would not be an issue.
 >
 > Some condemned this suggestion as a "bad" idea, but I doubt that they
 > operate much or they would know what a pain in the neck this is.

No, I operate More than enough to know how much of a pain it would
be if the VFOs were synchronized every time one turned split off -
for example to move one VFO to a different pile-up.  Only to have
lost the frequency saved in VFO B when returning to an original
pile-up.

Synchronizing VFOs every time the split status is changed is *still*
a terrible idea but if you want to do that, you can use the K3 Macro
capability to build your own "quick split" macro without causing
inconvenience to others.

 > If VFO B is already on the same band and mode as VFO A, then just turn
 > Split on.
 >
 > I find that the second condition NEVER occurs.

I find the second condition is almost always the case and if it isn't
two quick presses of the Split button is all it takes.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV