Bob,

Why should it do that?

The description of what you want to happen would cause me, who primarily uses
split to work CW DX, to have to retune my B VFO to the DX listening frequency,
which is much more trouble than double tapping A>B to put both VFO's on the same
frequency.

In addition, from a software developer's point of view your suggestion to change
the default operation of the HOLD A>B would cause many developers to have to
modify their software to accommodate your wishes.

Why don't you write a macro that does what you want using the K3 control
application?  That's why the folks at Elecraft gave us that capability.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 03:36:58 -0600, "Bob Naumann" <w...@w5ov.com>  wrote:

>Joe,
>
>Again, ***if VFOB is not on the same band/mode as VFOA***, and you press and
>hold SPLIT (which clearly means you want to go SPLIT) this should cause a
>VFOA-> VFOB and then turn on SPLIT.
>
>Please explain how this is a bad idea and under what circumstances this
>would cause a problem.
>
>73,
>
>Bob W5OV

[snip]