Yes, the K3 is a marvelous rig even for contest ops who have been doing
contests
for years.  Here is my story about "THE AMP!"

I went into the house (my shack is attached on the back of the garage) to get
some refreshments.  I had place the AL82 into standby and went into the house.
I came back out and dropped in the chair at the operating station and noticed
there was a new station on the air...a Venezuela station.  15 meters!  I swung
the beam down there and started calling.  He was new so there were a lot of
stations calling.  Worked him finally after about 20 minutes in the pileup.  My
amp is off to one side and I looked at it for a moment and realized I did not
kick it out of stand-by.  Worked the YV qith 18 watts!  I made sure I had the
amp on after that.

I love sunspots!

Lee - K0WA
http://home.swbell.net/k0wa

 In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you
don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any
Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common
Sense divine?

Common Sense is the image of the Creator expressing revealed truth in my mind.
-  John W. (Kansas)