I watched the movie about a month ago.  The special effects hold up
well and the story is interesting.  I remember the first time I saw it but
viewing it again was fun.  I have always wondered about the damaged gift
to the nations.  Oh, and the mass of equations on the professor's
blackboard?  I stopped the movie on those frames and went through them.
They were accurate descriptions of orbital mechanics.  I am always annoyed
when math is flashed on a screen in a movie and it is incorrect.  I was
pleasantly surprised when I worked through this blackboard's worth and
found them accurate and entertaining.
    73,
       Kevin.  KD5ONS