Daughter are a worry though...my daughter lives in Las Vegas, NV, and when I
told her there was a package arriving from Watsonville and to send it on to
me, she asked "what is it?", so I tolds her.

The response was I was spending her inheritance..:-(

Oh, and yep, she is licensed too

I really can't win...love'em heaps, but I am outnumbered and outgunned...or
if you insist, a wimp...:-)

Life is great though as I know my daughter will select a nice retirement
home for her Dad...minus the Elecraft K Line.

Gotta run, the nice man in the white coat is calling me.....

Gary

On 9 April 2011 16:31, Kevin Luxford <elelist...@elitemail.org> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> None of those XYL blandishments would work with my beloved of over 48
> years married life.  At the time we got engaged, I gave her a string of
> pearls.  She asked me, "How much did they cost?"  I should have
> recognised the warning signs then.
>
> Several years ago, we were in Sorrento in Italy.  I took her into a
> jeweller's store and told her that as I was getting on in years, she
> could have any ring in the store (within reason) that she fancied.  She
> told me that she would rather have the money in the bank in case she had
> to put me onto a nursing home.
>
> Still, she cares for me, she really does.  Always been at my bedside
> when coming out of an anaesthetic.  As the Brits say, "Mustn't grumble!"
>
> Well, guys, enjoy your KPA500s.  I will just have to build mine with an
> MOT power supply and 813s or a Russian GU74b.
>
> 73
> Kevin
> VK3DAP / ZL2DAP

*VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile