Here! Here! I'm totally with you on that one.  Size is an issue for me.
While KX1 is small, I want smaller.

While on this subject of mono-band qrp transceivers - having built
almost everything in the Elecraft catalog multiple times (3 x K2, 2 x
K1, 3 x KX1), I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on a beginner's
complete homebrew transceiver.  My knowledge of radio electronics is
strictly hobby level. But, I'm really anxious to try building something
from scratch.  Anyone recall a good article on say a 40 meter 2-3 watt
transceiver for which parts are readily available?  I've looked through
the books I have and haven't found anything suitable so far.

tnx & 73, Doug -- K0DXV