Actually, my wife has the (or had - we're both retired) same profession
as I do.  She's pretty freakin' smart (she's a computer engineer).
Keeping the level of respect up has worked well for 20 odd years.  The
Equal Hobby Allowance Principle actually works pretty well considering
her hobby is horses.
73, Doug -- K0DXV