I’m not a big SSB operator, but I really dislike hearing a mis-tuned SSB
signal. However, in recent years that's become a non-issue for me with rigs
like the K3. It's very rare QSO's aren't on an even KHz frequency -
frequently in 5 kHz increments.

The stability and accuracy of rigs like the K3 make mis-tuning rare if you
set your dial for the closest even kHz, provided your K3 is calibrated.

After decades of protecting our right to choose any frequency in our
"bands", phone operators seem to be self-channelizing. One time I called CQ
on a clear frequency +/- at least 5 kHz using SSB and a guy came back to say
I was "off frequency". ??? I called CQ. What frequency am I off of? He
explained that my frequency was something like 7.274 instead of being "on"
7.275 and suggested I move up 1 kHz to get  "on frequency".

Can't remember what I did. I was laughing too hard.

Ron AC7AC