Wayne,

I often use the K3 scanner to listen for band activity (I wrote the
SCANNOW key macro that scans immediately the range of freqs
from VFO-A thru VFO-B).

The scanner is great for keeping an eye (ear?) on the band while doing
other things around the shack or, in my case, while busy with
something at the other end of the house and listening via intercom.

One thing that I often thought might be useful for this remote scanner
monitoring would be the ability to set a specific dwell time. For
example: once the scanner pauses on a signal it would automatically
resume scanning after a user-settable amount of time. As it is now,
the scan will sometimes pause too briefly or get hung up for too long
on a particular signal; would be nice if I could set it for, say,
exactly 10 seconds (or whatever amount) per hit.

73,
Drew
AF2Z