I hope that Elecraft considers making this a published selling point in
print large enough to gain the attention of those of us who do indeed
own lower powered rigs. It presents us with another flexible option if
and when we decide to add more power.  When the KPA-500 was announced, I
immediately dismissed it as a product that was not compatible with my
equipment, especially after all those references to "40 watts drive" in
the documentation. I offer this from the perspective of a 'hobby ham'
with nowhere near the technical acumen demonstrated by so many of those
on this great Reflector.

Now, work on the XYL can begin in earnest...

73, Stan WB2LQF
KX1 #2411    K1#2994    K2# 6980    K3#5244     K9 #1 (Cocoa the
Chihuahua)
Everything is QRP, even the dog.