The utility is just that...a utility....not run very often and useful for
updating FW but for day to day operation is not really useful at all.

Sometimes the desires of some are not in tune with the desires of others?

One folder, several utilities is fine with me.

But then I use my K-Line daily and detest the thought of having to use
software other than for a logging program.

YMMV

Gary

On 16 May 2011 03:06, Phil Hystad <phys...@mac.com> wrote:

> But, then again, it is easy to view the K-line as one system and thus
> having one software
> application to manage your K-line makes sense.  I am also a computer
> programmer with
> 40+ years in the industry and I would prefer one application.  I do
> understand the need
> to support those who do not have all the pieces but this too can be done
> with a single
> application.
>
> Soon, there will be a software driven antenna tuner to add to the mix.  I
> am thinking
> that one application could be beneficial as a user.  It is easily to lose
> track of close to
> a half-dozen different little apps -- especially when you do not use them
> all that much.
>
> My two-bit comment,
>
> 73, phil, K7PEH
>

> On May 15, 2011, at 9:47 AM, K2GN wrote:
>
> > Having spent 30+ years in data process it is common to keep your hardware
> > supporting software separated. A utility for each is the way to go. Hard
> > drive storage is cheap, It's just a matter of organize your support
> software
> > and accessing it when needed.
> > There's no need to clutter a desktop with everything. These utilities are
> > not part of our day to day operation. I prefer not to have combined
> > software.
> >

> > de K2GN - Larry - http://k2gn.com
> > K-Line - K3 S/N - 3278  P3 S/N - 51 KPA500(Tomorrow delivery) W2s

VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
Elecraft Equipment
K3 #679, KPA-500 #018
Living the dream!!!