You'd be best buying a K3, Gene.  The KX3 lends itself particularly for
those interested in backpacking, portable or mobile use or for those
with restricted shack space. The K3 'K-line' is likely to remain
Elecraft's 'Rolls Royce' transceiver.  Doubtless there will be those who
advocate a 'KX-line' comprising a KX3, KXP3, KXPA1500, etc. but it is
unlikely to satisfy people on here who would like a bigger K3 more
suitable for their fat fingers.

The KX1 is a fine little rig but those without code competence will find
the KX3 better for backbacking, etc.

73 de David G4DMP

In a recent message, Eugene Balinski <euge...@nni.com> writes