The KX3 surely looks like a nice mobile rig that may replace my IC-706....

But, I would need a good screwdriver antenna tuning interface.  Currently, I
use the Turbo-Tuner by N2VZ which is fitted to the IC-706 tune control.  I have
a Hi-Q 4/80 antenna mounted on my pickup truck.

So, several questions:

1.  Would there be a tune control interface on the KX3?
2.  Would Elecraft consider building a screwdriver antenna interface?

Just to be clear on what I mean by screwdriver antenna interface --- a device
that uses the transmitter's tune control circuit to switch on a low power
signal and measure the SWR (usually via reflected voltage) and switch on the
screwdriver antenna drive motor adjusting the center loading coil tap until a
minimum SWR (under 1.5:1) is reached where it turns off the drive motor and
turns off the transmitter's low power signal.

I guess if Elecraft did not come out with a screwdriver antenna interface that
some talented electronics guru on this forum might do so.

73, phil, K7PEH