Logic drive signals (up/down). You'd have a special TUNE mode that
would bypass the internal ATU, if present, then adjust the antennas
while watching for lowest SWR. All a small matter of programming in
the KX3 itself. But the drive signals would need suitable buffering.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On May 27, 2011, at 12:46 PM, Phil Hystad wrote:

> Wayne,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.  Would the KX3 control interface be
> command oriented or some voltage controlled signaling interface?
> Also, in asking this question I am stretching my understanding of
> how such an interface would work so if I am off base I welcome
> correction.
>
> 73, phil, K7PEH
>

> On May 27, 2011, at 9:22 AM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>
>> We've already provided the needed hardware for this in the KX3, so
>> an interface could be supported. It may take some time to add the
>> needed control firmware.
>>
>> 73,
>> Wayne
>> N6KR
>>
>> On May 27, 2011, at 8:19 AM, Phil Hystad wrote:
>>
>>> The KX3 surely looks like a nice mobile rig that may replace my
>>> IC-706....
>>>
>>> But, I would need a good screwdriver antenna tuning interface.
>>> Currently, I use the Turbo-Tuner by N2VZ which is fitted to the
>>> IC-706 tune control.  I have a Hi-Q 4/80 antenna mounted on my
>>> pickup truck.
>>>
>>> So, several questions:
>>>
>>> 1.  Would there be a tune control interface on the KX3?
>>> 2.  Would Elecraft consider building a screwdriver antenna