All,

   The improvement in communications effectiveness of 20
watts verses 10 watts is valid - much more than the 3 dB
increase in power would seem to suggest.  I have seen the
same results as with my SG-2020 as was mentioned below.
 Part of the effectiveness of that particular radio is the
VOGAD speech processor as well.  A similar algorithm for
the KX3 speech process might be something to consider
later.

   A small 30W PA with antenna tuner that would mount to
the back of the KX3 would be simply amazing. Include a
larger rechargeable battery pack and it probably couldn't
get much better - IMHO

73

Gene K1NR

K2 6Kxx