Dave and all,

Actually the frequency of the station makes no difference at all.  The
"secret" is that the difference between the VFO and BFO frequencies (in
LSB or USB only) is equal to the frequency of the station you are tuned to.
With 10 (or 15 MHz) WWV, the subtraction is easy since all but the first
digits of the station frequency are zeros, so all the lower order digits
will match.  When using RWM or some other station that transmits on a
XXXX.00 frequency, that match will only occur in the digits after the
decimal - one should do the subtraction as a confirmation that there is
not a 1 kHz error.

73,
Don W3FPR