On Wednesday June 8, 2011, Wayne Conrad wrote:

<Saturday, dad and I each passed both the technician and general exams.
<Our callsigns have just been assigned (they're even sequential)

In 1968 I passed my novice exam. Two years later my Dad passed his. We both
upgraded, Dad to Advanced, me to Extra. For 32 years, until his death in
2002, we shared this hobby, enjoying many operating experiences, field days,
hamfests, making many new friends, and the list goes on and on. Neither of
us were technically orientated, but this hobby is so varied, that there is
something for everyone. Dad enjoyed traffic nets and spent most of his time
relaying traffic and served as net control on the 7290 traffic net for many
years. As years progressed my wife, two sons, brother-in-law, two nephews,
and my mother got their licenses.

This is all just to say, welcome to the hobby, and may you and your Dad have
many wonderful experiences.

73,

George, NC5G
K2/100  #2217