A good cable is the 6-foot SVGA M/F cable from www.cablewholesale.com, part
number 10H1-01206.  All 15 pins are connected through, no pins are shorted
together, and there is a foil shield with drain wire - and the cable is only
$3.25.  Here is the spec sheet on that cable:
www.cablewholesale.com/pdfspecs/10h1-012.pdf.

So for non-K3 users, just cut off the male end and connect your
radio-specific connector.  For K3 users, you can just remove the unnecessary
male pins (use needle nose pliers to twist and pull out).  Or you can use a
31H1-05200 HD15 M/F adapter ($1.76) and break out the pins on this M/F
adapter should you wish to preserve the cable as-is.

Cable Wholesale also sells a SVGA splitter (2xfemale-to-male) with all pins
connected through.  Part number is 10H1-27708 and these are $3.46 each.

I have no connection to these folks, other than I've been using their cables
and adapters.

Phil - AD5X