Many thanks to whoever posted the note about the Edgeport usb to RS232
multiport adapter.  I picked up a dual port one off of eBay for just over 20
bucks and it came with free shipping!

This was one of the older ones by InsideOut but was new in the box.  I went to
Digi.com and found the current 64 bit drivers for Windows 7.  Painless install
and the box is up and running.  I can now run my K3 with the logging program on
one port and the opto-isolator PTT and FSK interface on the second port without
problems using my Dell laptop for the hamfest demo's.

One caveat, install the software FIRST before plugging in the hardware and it
will work the first time.  This seems to be the usual case with all of the USB
to whatever adapters that require special drivers.   Evidently there are other
things using COM1, 2 and 3 in the Dell as this box installed as COM4 and COM5
but it works perfectly and is powered by the USB port.

Jim Sheldon, W0EB
Park City, KS