From: Rich - K1HTV [mailto:k1...@comcast.net]
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 7:00 AM
To: 'James C. Hall, MD'; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K3 6M problem

Jamie,
   In your note on the 6M problem you didn't indicate if you tried the K3 in
the
ATU 'BYPASS' position. I had the problem of a high SWR on 6 Meters when the
ATU
tried to find a match on my 6M yagi with a known relatively good 1.2:1 SWR.
In
the BYPASS mode the SWR looked fine. Using the ATU produced a much higher
SWR on
50 MHz.

If your K3 internal SWR display indicates a good SWR in the BYPASS mode, but
the
ATU cannot find a good match, there is a fix. I received a BETA firmware
update
along with suggested parameter changes of some of the hidden MENU settings
(need
to turn TECH MD on) which addressed the 6M ATU problem. The ATU in my K3 now
performs as it should on 6 Meters. Local friend K2PI also had the same
problem
which was resolved with the BETA firmware update.

If your 6M SWR is good in the ATU BYPASS mode, drop Elecraft tech support a
note.

73,
Rich - K1HTV

= = =